Czesław Miłosz Center is an independent unit of the Faculty of Polish Studies at the Jagiellonian University, established by the Rector of the Jagiellonian University on April 24, 2018.
The Center conducts scientific, didactic, and popularizing activities that cover the works of Czesław Miłosz, its translations into foreign languages, and the national and foreign reception of his work.
The tasks of the Center include in particular:
1) research that shows the legacy of Czesław Miłosz in new cultural contexts, including comparative studies, and his connections with extraliterary reflection and creativity;
2) cooperation with Polish and foreign research centers, foundations, and cultural institutions that deal with the heritage of Czesław Miłosz, especially those located in Cracow, but also in Lithuania and the United States of America;
3) initiation and support of young faculty research activities about Czesław Miłosz’s work, including official patronage;
4) organization and co-organization of national and international conferences, seminars, and scientific workshops;
5) preparation and publication of scientific monographs and collections of articles related to the activities of the Center;
6) didactic activities in the form of lectures, seminars, and workshops for the academic community and others, primarily teachers and secondary school students;
7) acting as a forum that enables contacts between representatives of various circles that cooperate with the Center.
The Center has an international Polish-Lithuanian-American Advisory Board composed of eminent representatives of science and culture.